This course provides an introduction to health, and safety, welfare and environmental issues, and legal responsibilities relevant to delegates. The course gives attendees valuable assistance in safely supervising construction site activities.
This course is aimed at first line managers, foreman, gangers, team leaders, supervisors and those who have, or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. This course prepares individuals for the SMSTS and/or the Supervisor Specialist Skills course.
- Introduction and Registration
- Health and safety law
- Developing a health and safety
- Management system
- Occupational health
- Fire prevention and control
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Hazardous substances
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Working at height
- Personal protective equipment
- Manual handling
- Accidents and first aid
- Students will deliver prepared toolbox talk presentations
The course is run in two consecutive days in a week.
Construction Skills Charges and Grants
Each delegate is required to have a Construction Skills registration at a cost of £35. The Construction Skills manuals are included in the cost of the course. Those organisations who are in scope for grants as Construction Skills levy payers are entitled to claim per delegate.